Happy Birthday to my best friend (2/27) and my Mom (3/1)!
I don't like doing things at the last minute but it seems like the last minute is the only minute I have lately!
The past couple of weeks have been crazy!
The pink cupcakes, the little cheescakes, the apple & square cookies - all VERY rushed last minute projects.
I'm probably not the most organized person in the world, but I think even if I was, this kind of occasisonal chaos is unavoidable.
So what do you do when you've suddenly found yourself with way too many things on your plate?
Here's my advice (take it or leave it!):
- Learn to live without sleep
- Drink massive amounts of coffee
- Laugh a lot
- Give up on perfection??? (To me this depends on the situation. If you've had plenty of notice and someone is paying you to create something for them - it should be perfect. If it's just a favor or treat for someone and you don't have much time - just do the best you can.)
- Call for help - I'm lucky. My mom lives in the same town and always helps when I'm desperate.
- Keep supplies on hand - Sugar paste flowers last for several weeks so you can make those up ahead of time. Make sure your pantry is always stocked with basic cookie/cupcake/frosting ingredients.
- Prioritize - You might have noticed I didn't get a blog post out last week.
That's all I've got. I'd love to hear how you keep it together during busy times!