My son and neighbor girl got a kick outta this little switcheroo. Thought you might know some kids who would like this too -
As far as the ice cream cupcakes...
They were my own experiment. Here's what I did, although I'm sure there's a better way...
- melt vanilla candy melts or almond bark
- line muffin pan with cupcake liners
- put a couple of tablespoons of the melted candy in the bottom of cupcake liner and brush the candy up the sides of the cupckae liner
- refrigerate 'til set
- fill each cup with softened icecream rounding out the top so that the ice cream is cupcake shaped
To make the frosting:
- mix equal parts ice cream and whipped cream
- put in a pastry bag and decorate cupcake just as you normally would
NOTE: I struggled to keep the ice cream / whipped cream / frosting the right consistency so that it was soft enough to squirt through the pastry bag yet hard enough to maintain it's shape. I often had to put my pastry bag in the freezer to harden the "frosting" up a little. I kept the ice cream cupcakes in the freezer and pulled them out one or two at a time to decorate and then put them back in the freezer immediately after they were decorated. It was kind of a pain. Once again - working with icecream - not my favorite thing - too messy and melty.